You floss. You brush. So, do you need to see a dentist for professional cleaning? No matter how diligent you are with at-home oral care, you must infuse dental appointments into your oral hygiene routine.
You floss. You brush. So, do you need to see a dentist for professional cleaning? No matter how diligent you are with at-home oral care, you must infuse dental appointments into your oral hygiene routine. Seeing a dentist every six months yields many benefits, extending beyond your smile. At W Paul Burns DDS, we put preventive health care at the center of everything we do, and that’s why we offer routine checkups and cleanings for our El Dorado, Arkansas patients.
BENEFITS OF ROUTINE HYGIENE CLEANINGS
Optimal oral care is achieved from what you do at home with brushing and flossing and what we do in our dental office with routine cleanings. One can’t be the substitute for the other. Regrettably, most patients view dental cleanings as a mere inconvenience and are likely to put off these crucial dental appointments. Dental cleanings are an essential cog of your oral care and offer numerous benefits, including:
- Prevents gum disease: Regular dental cleanings eliminate troublesome plaque and tartar buildup, discouraging gum disease. Your dentist has special tools and skills to penetrate hard-to-reach areas of your mouth, removing accumulated tartar that encourages gum infection.
- Averts cavities: Dental cleanings alongside brushing and flossing eliminate harmful bacteria that feed on food particles left on your teeth. As bacteria consume sugary food particles, it secretes acidic substances that erode your enamel. Luckily, dental cleanings prevent cavities by cleaning the entire surface of your tooth.
- Promotes overall body health: Poor oral health doesn’t only damage your oral health; it compromises your overall health. Bacteria that cause gum infection can seep into the bloodstream, putting you at risk of heart disease, stroke, and other health complications.
- Removes bad breath: Dental cleanings eliminate odor-causing bacteria, resulting in a healthier, fresher breath.
- Brightens your smile: Scaling your teeth removes stubborn stains, leading to a well-polished smile.
Call Our Office For More Information
New Patients : (870) 686-4232 | Existing Patients : (870) 862-5456
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
By adhering to dental cleanings every six months, you can significantly reduce unpleasant oral challenges. So, if you are in El Dorado, AR, and its environs, please dial (870) 686-4232 to book an appointment with W Paul Burns DDS.