While it is the wish of everyone to maintain their natural teeth throughout their life, issues like age, trauma, and teeth decay can lead to lost or missing teeth. Fortunately, modern dentistry has made it possible for persons with some or all missing teeth to enjoy a gapless smile. Are lost teeth wreaking havoc on your smile? Do not fret. A dentist for dentures in El Dorado, Arkansas, can help improve your appearance and tooth function.
What are dentures?
Dentures are removable dental appliances or frames that hold artificial teeth. Dentures are made of high-quality materials that closely match your natural tooth. Dentures are tailor-made in the lab from the impressions taken from you. Are you wondering about comfort? Today’s dentures are craftily made to make them more comfortable than ever.
Types of dentures
If you are scheduled for a dentures’ placement procedure, you will likely receive the below types of dentures.
- Complete (full) dentures: They are suitable for patients missing all their teeth.
- Partial dentures: They are suitable for patients that need replacement of some teeth.
- Implant-retained dentures: Your dentist recommends these types of dentures if you are suffering from bone loss. Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and anchor implants firmly in your mouth. This option is costly but provides a more permanent option for missing teeth.
- Same-day dentures: These are apt for patients that require their teeth extracted and replaced with dentures on the same day.
Regardless of the type of dentures you want, W Paul Burns DDS, has long-standing experience in installing dentures. Visit us today, and you will walk away with a transformed smile.
Why you should consider dentures
Who does not want a picture-perfect smile? Unfortunately, missing teeth can hamper your confidence when smiling or talking around others. Thank goodness, dentures can save the day despite lost teeth. Here are reasons you should consider dentures:
- Restores teeth function
- Improves your speech ability
- Dentures feel and look natural
- They are affordable compared to implants
- Suitable for all individuals regardless of age
Share this article
Back to Dentures Page