Many situations in life present you with a choice between convenience and value. CEREC dental crowns, however, are an exception to that rule. With this advanced technology, Dr. Burns creates a high-quality dental restoration, while you wait. Single visit crowns are just one example of the prevailing philosophy at the dental practice of Dr. W. Paul Burns, DDS in El Dorado AR– providing the level of care patients need and want.
What is one visit dentistry?
A dental crown is a cap that fits over tooth structure. It restores appearance and chewing function for a tooth damaged by trauma or severe decay. A crown protects a tooth that has had root canal therapy or may be used for cosmetic improvement.
Regardless, in the past getting a crown required two visits to the dentist. At the first, the tooth was prepared (shaped) and impressions taken. Impressions and shading information were sent to an off-site laboratory, and you went home with a temporary restoration. In several weeks, when the dental ceramist finished making your crown, you returned to the chair to have the temporary removed and the new one cemented in place.
As a CEREC crown dentist, Dr. Burns takes a different approach. He starts with detailed digital impressions of your mouth. Then, an in-office milling machine transforms this information into a precisely carved restoration from a solid block of hard ceramic material. Same day crowns are made and placed in one appointment.
How CEREC dental crowns bring convenience to El Dorado AR
- You are only numbed one time.
- You do not have to “baby” a temporary composite resin crown for several weeks by remembering to chew on the other side.
- There is no need to take time from work or other activities and travel to the office for a second visit.
- Design and fit of CEREC in office crowns are meticulous.
- The restoration is carefully shaded to blend unnoticeably with natural dentition.
- Though it rarely occurs, should there be any problem with the crown, it can be remade right away, without extended delay.
- Zirconia used for one-visit restorations is extremely strong and durable.
- Your new restoration resists stains and can withstand tremendous bite force.
Are you in the Union County, Magnolia, or Camden area? Call the dental practice of Dr. W. Paul Burns, DDS today at (870) 686-4232 or stop by our office in El Dorado AR for a closer look at this amazing technology.